I was trying to wake up this morning; fuzzy-headed and not quite up to putting my feet on the floor. Then, suddenly, I realized it was Monday… Mojo Monday!
I was awake in a snap and heading to turn on the computer.
While it whirled and rattled trying to wake its self up, I made a good strong cup of Starbucks Italian Roast to do the same for myself. Happiness at last… Mojo Monday’s Blog on screen with the layout for this week and a great cup of coffee in my hand. It gets better! This is the 200th Mojo Monday Challenge and they are going to be giving prizes in a random drawing.
I have a chance; it’s not based on the most gorgeous card… it’s a random drawing! And I can enter as many times as I want. Guess it is going to be a busy week. I have until next Sunday to stuff the ballot box. The above card is my first effort.
This card is a Becca Feeken inspired card (www.amazingpapergrace.com). I don’t have a good printer so I haven’t bought the CD with the vintage paper patterns that she has been using so much lately. Our printer doesn’t work for anything but black and white. The colors come out weird and there are lines all through the image. My husband has been hearing about that a lot lately. I think a new print head is being ordered as we speak!
However, I did find the same style of pattern on some cards that Michael’s had in their dollar bin. I used that card and a stamp (Scrappy Cat) I got a while back out of those same dollar bins. The paper lace was made of white card stock with my Martha Stewart border punch. There are touches of Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen, Worn Lipstick and Tumbled Glass. I dyed my Hug Snug seam binding with the Tumbled Glass as well. All of my bling was from Michael’s dollar bins and I believe it is all Studio 18 since I have a number of unopened packages of the same type of thing with that name. Cardstock was from DCWV. Pearl spray and beaded pin were all made with bits from Hobby Lobby and, again, I have no name for these items.
I tried to imitate a lacy medallion that was shown on Amazing Paper Grace but, not having the new dies, I had to use what I did have. That was Spellbinders Shapeabilities Pendants Renaissance Hearts. I cut out the middle of 2 of the medium-sized die cuts and left it in on the third. Then stacked them and placed them on top of the large die cut which had been fan folded to give it some dimension. This was placed on top of a Distress Inked circle and the large die was used again to cut a flat black piece that barely peeks out under the edge of the pink circle. My dyed seam binding was tied around the card and rouched on the edge of the large circle rather than having a bow.
Monday also means laundry; so, I am finishing that up and getting ready to start on card #2 for the challenge!